Thursday, June 10, 2010

Long Time, No Post

I moved, and then I was preoccupied and also couldn't find my camera USB connector. I finally found it -- after all the space on the camera was used up! So I have some food and pictures to share from the last two weeks.

Lunch on the day I had to move was a burrito -- I had eaten through most of my food, and had to interrupt packing to get out and find some food.


To drink, lemonade:



We got a bunch of my stuff from the old apartment to the new one, and then I went home for the weekend. Here is a strawberry that my father is growing/grew (?):

These were so good. I love strawberries, but I feel kind of bad about buying them out-of-season, and they taste so much better when they're local and in season and very very recently picked.

So I got back to my new apartment and still didn't have very much food and was also rather sapped of energy after unpacking. So I got...another burrito! There actually is a point here, though; the first burrito is from Anna's, and the second is from QDoba. I think the QDoba one is about twice the width!

I hadn't had QDoba in a while, and I think that I actually do far prefer Anna's. This one just seemed kind of bland. It's also so wide that it's really hard to eat. I took a picture of the inside:
This had rice, black beans, lettuce, salsa, and quac in it, and the Anna's one was essentially the same. 

Now for some food that I actually made!

This is a massaged kale salad, which I have only recently started making, and which I quite like. This has corn, sundried tomatoes, and tofu sauteed with soy sauce on it, and is dressed with flax oil and rice vinegar. 

 This is some Irish Soda Bread I made yesterday. It was easy to make and really good. I did some googling around and ended up using this recipe, although I adapted it. I used almond milk for the "milk," far less than half a cup of raisins (I used up my raisins, but I was really scraping the bottom of the barrel), and soy yogurt instead of egg replacer. I think that the egg replacer could probably be done without, but I had the soy yogurt, so I used it. I also added about a tablespoon of sugar, which made it very very slightly sweet.

I probably ate close to half of this loaf yesterday, some with strawberry jam and some plain.

I'm just settling into my new apartment now. The kitchen is pretty much set, but I'm still working on getting the other two rooms unpacked and put together. It's in a basement, and the temperature is a welcome change from my old third floor oven as the summer begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment